- Born in Eau Claire, WI in 1955 as the younger of two sons of Joseph and Florence Petryk.
- Grew up in the Dunn County village of Boyceville, active as a musician, athlete, organizer, and leader.
- Graduated in 1973 as valedictorian and attended UW-Stout for two years. Transferred to UW-Eau Claire and graduated with Highest Honors with a major in Philosophy in 1978.
- Very active throughout Western Wisconsin as a speaker, singer, organizer, and emcee for hundreds of events in the public and private sectors.
- Served as Ambassador to the Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce for nearly 15 years and is an active member of many area organizations.
- Enjoys turkey and pheasant hunting, fishing, gardening, reading and writing along with performing, recording, and listening to great music of all genres.
- Lifelong Western WI resident and taxpayer
- Eagle Scout, 1969
- 46 years as business owner and professional entertainer in “The Memories” entertainment group (1972-present)
- Boyceville High School Valedictorian, 1973
- UW-Eau Claire degree in Philosophy with highest honors, 1978
- “The Memories” inducted into the Wisconsin Association of Fairs Hall of Fame (1995)
- Community Relations Director for United Cerebral Palsy of West Central WI (1995-2010)
- Member of:Eau Claire, Ellsworth, Menomonie and Prescott Chambers of Commerce
- Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors (1996-2010)
- Cleghorn Lions Club
- Ellsworth Rod & Gun Club
- Durand, Arkansaw and Eau Galle-Rush River Sportsmen’s Clubs
- Wisconsin Farm Bureau
- Board of Directors for Chippewa Valley Council of the Boy Scouts of America
Representative Petryk Assembly Current Committees:
- Chair of Workforce Development
- Veterans and Military (and former Chair)
- Vice-Chair Aging and Longterm Care
- Universities and Colleges
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Institutions
- Governor’s Council on Workforce Investment
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Legislator of the Year (2013)
- American Veterans (AMVETS) Legislative Advocate of the Year (2014)
- Wisconsin Electric Cooperative’s “Enlightened Legislator of the Year” (2016)
- Wisconsin School Nutrition Association (SNA) Legislator of the Year (2016)
- Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce “Champion of Commerce” Award (2016)
- Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce “Working For Wisconsin” Award (2016)
- Wisconsin 3rd Congressional District Republican Legislator of the Year (2016)
- Wisconsin Dairy Business Association “Legislative Excellence” Award (2017)
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation “Champion of Economic Development” Award (2018)
- National Eagle Scout Association Outstanding Eagle Scout (2018)
Warren Has Served On:
- Committee on Natural Resources
- Committee on Jobs and the Economy
- Committee on Information Technology
- Assembly Speaker’s Task Force on Rural Schools
- Legislative Study Committee on Problem-Solving Courts, Alternatives and Diversions
- Legislative Study Committee on Rural Broadband