“The blessings of a free government can only be maintained by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue, and by frequent recurrence to fundamental principles.”
Today, Wisconsin’s Fiscal House is in order!
When you elected me, I and my Conservative colleagues finally said, “Enough! No more spending beyond our means.”
- Eliminate the $3.6 billion structural deficit and turn it into a surplus
- Payback hundreds of millions of dollars in debts from the previous administration’s actions that we owed to the State of Minnesota and also the illegally-raided Wisconsin Patients Compensation Fund
- Create the first-ever permanent State property tax freeze
- Reduce State borrowing to its lowest levels in decades
- Return billions of dollars in overpaid tax dollars to you, the citizens of Wisconsin
- Have our lowest unemployment rate since 2008
- Provide healthcare for every person in Wisconsin who lives in poverty
- Help the private sector create over 200,000 jobs and 18,000 new businesses
- Allow local governments more flexibility and freedom to control their budgets
- Boost employer confidence and certainty
- Invest the most money ($11.5 billion this past budget) in State history into our K-12 schools, keeping education our number one budget priority. We increased school sparsity aid, increased funding to low revenue schools, invested more money into school Fabrication Labs than any other State in the U.S., increased funding for special education and school mental health services, and increased funding for Youth Apprenticeships,
- Freeze State University tuition for 6 years in a row resulting in a savings of an average $6,000 per student
- Craft welfare reforms which help get people off government assistance and into our workforce by promoting accountability, encouraging personal responsibility, and preventing fraud and abuse.
- Enact hundreds of positive economic, tax, and regulatory reforms
Wisconsin is literally working better than ever before in our history! Just a few highlights include:
- Wisconsin is 1st the nation in manufacturing jobs added in 2018 year-to-date.
- Our state ranked 2nd in the nation in one-month construction job gains, and we are 1st in the Midwest.
- Wisconsin’s addition of 8,900 private sector jobs in March 2018 ranked 4th nationally and 2nd in the Midwest.
- Wisconsin’s labor force participation rate of 68.7 percent ranked 5th nationally and the 0.1 percent increase over the month ranked tied for 4th nationally.
- More people are working today in Wisconsin than ever before in our history!
- The Assembly approved a Rural Economic Development fund that allocates $1 billion over the next 20 years to help rural communities address economic development issues, including workforce development.
Four main themes were and will continue to be among my top priorities:
- Encourage Economic Development – remove barriers to growth; attract more workers to our state; increase rural career opportunities
- Support Our Schools – increase aid to rural schools; review of the school funding system; investing in the safety of our children
- Reform Welfare System – promote independence; help individuals enter the workforce
- Promote Healthy Families – expand H.O.P.E. (Heroin and Opiate Prevention and Education); improve foster care; expand Alzheimer’s and dementia treatment; foster women’s health care improvements
I love Wisconsin and its amazingly talented and creative people. It is my joy and blessing to meet, converse, listen, and share ideas with hundreds of people like you every week. Every day I am thankful for the honor and opportunity of serving as your State Representative. Your insights and encouragements keep me very optimistic regarding a bright and prosperous future for you and your children. Thank you for granting me this incredible privilege of being a public servant for you in the Wisconsin State Legislature.
May God bless each of you and your families, may God bless Wisconsin, may God bless our Military service men and women and their families, and may God continue to bless this exceptional, wonderful, and highly-successful experiment in human freedom and individual responsibility we proudly call home…The United States of America!
Please vote for my re-election as State Representative to the 93rd Wisconsin Assembly District on Tuesday, November 6, 2018
(The 93rd Assembly District includes portions of Eau Claire, Dunn, Pierce, Pepin, St. Croix, and Buffalo Counties)